There’s something truly magical about this Roasted Peach Salad (I personally think this might be the prettiest salad I’ve ever made!). And whenever I make this salad, it quickly becomes the star of the show, disappearing from the table in no-time. This is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and my friends always eagerly ask me to share the recipe. So here it is!
Why this recipe works
Here’s why this salad works its magic:
- Perfect flavor and texture combination: The combination of sweet, caramelized peaches with the salty, smoky prosciutto is simply irresistible. The addition of creamy mozzarella and crunchy pistachios adds depth and texture, taking this taste experience to a whole new level.
- Perfect balance: This salad strikes the perfect balance between sweet and savory, soft and crunchy, tangy and creamy. Each ingredient contributes to the overall harmony, ensuring that no single element overpowers the others.
- Pretty: It’s simple, pretty and colorful. What else can I say?!
- Versatile: This salad is incredibly versatile, making it suitable for many occasions. From summer parties in the garden to cozy dinners at home, this salad is always a hit.
- Easy to prepare: Despite its impressive appearance, this salad is surprisingly simple to make. With just a handful of ingredients and a few easy steps, you can create a delicious salad everyone will love!
What is Roasted Peach Salad
Roasted Peach Salad is a delicious combination of roasted, caramelized peaches, salty prosciutto, creamy mozzarella, and crunchy pistachios. All topped with balsamic glaze and fresh basil leaves. The process of roasting peaches in the oven intensifies their natural sweetness which perfectly complements other flavours. With its easy preparation and stunning presentation, this salad is perfect for both casual and special occasions.
Best ingredients for Roasted Peach Salad
- Peaches: Peaches are the star of the show here, so it’s really important to choose perfectly ripe peaches that are juicy and fragrant. Gently squeeze the peach with your fingertips. A ripe peach will yield slightly to pressure without being mushy. Avoid peaches that are too firm or too soft.
- Rocket/arugula: Choose fresh rocket/arugula for its distinct peppery flavor, serving as the perfect salad bed.
- Prosciutto: Choose high-quality prosciutto, which adds a delicate saltiness and a subtle smoky taste that pairs wonderfully with the peaches. Alternatively, you can use high-quality smoked ham or pancetta.
- Fresh mozzarella: I prefer buffalo mozzarella for this recipe as it has a richer and creamier flavor, but fresh cow’s milk mozzarella also works perfectly. Tear a fresh mozzarella ball into bite-sized pieces to add a creamy and luscious element to the salad.
- Pistachios: Use shelled pistachios to add a delicious crunch and nutty flavor, bringing a satisfying texture to each bite.
- Balsamic glaze: Drizzle the salad with balsamic glaze to add a tangy and slightly sweet finishing touch that enhances the overall taste.
- Fresh basil leaves: Garnish the salad with fresh basil leaves for a pop of color and a hint of aromatic freshness.
How to make Roasted Peach Salad
Please note: This is just an overview – the full ingredients and directions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Roast the peaches. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). In a large bowl, combine the peach wedges, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Toss gently to coat the peaches evenly. Place the marinated peach wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the peaches are caramelized and tender. Let them cool slightly.
Step 2: Prepare the salad. On a serving plate, arrange a bed of fresh rocket/arugula. Arrange the roasted peach wedges on top of the arugula. Scatter torn pieces of prosciutto, mozzarella, and shelled pistachios over the peaches.
Step 3: Drizzle and garnish. Drizzle the salad with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy. Serve the roasted peach salad immediately and savor the delicious flavors and textures.
Storing and freezing tips
If you have any leftovers, you can store the roasted peach salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. However, keep in mind that the salad is best enjoyed when freshly prepared, as the textures and flavors may change after refrigeration.
Top tips for the best Roasted Peach Salad
- Choose ripe and fragrant peaches: The flavor of the peaches is the star of this dish, so select ripe peaches that have a sweet aroma.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet: Make sure to arrange the peach wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet to allow them to roast evenly and caramelize properly.
- Customize the salad: Feel free to add your personal touch to the salad by incorporating additional ingredients such as grilled chicken, toasted walnuts, or even a drizzle of honey mustard dressing.
- Opt for high-quality ingredients: Since this salad relies on the simplicity of its ingredients, using high-quality olive oil, prosciutto, and mozzarella will elevate the flavors to a whole new level.
- Serve at the right temperature: For the perfect balance of flavors, serve the salad at a slightly chilled temperature. The contrast between the cool ingredients and the warm roasted peaches is truly delicious.
- Delicious brunch: Serve this salad as part of a delicious brunch spread. Pair it with freshly baked bread, such as a crusty baguette or warm ciabatta, and accompany it with a side of poached eggs or a frittata.
- Summer parties: Impress your guests at next summer party by presenting this vibrant salad as an appetizer. Pair it with a chilled glass of white wine or a refreshing mocktail to complete the experience.
- Picnic: Pack the Roasted Peach Salad in a portable container and bring it along for a picnic. It’s a perfect choice for outdoor dining, as it remains fresh and flavorful. Enjoy the salad alongside a selection of other finger foods, such as sandwiches, fresh fruits, and refreshing beverages.
- Light lunch or dinner: Make this salad the centerpiece of a light and satisfying lunch or dinner. Serve it as a standalone meal by adding grilled chicken or shrimp. Alternatively, pair it with a side of grilled vegetables for a well-rounded and nutritious meal.
You may also enjoy…
Can I make this roasted peach salad in advance?
While the roasted peaches are best enjoyed when freshly prepared, you can prepare the other components in advance and assemble the salad just before serving to save time.
Can I substitute the prosciutto with another type of cured meat?
Certainly! If prosciutto is not your preferred choice, you can substitute it with thinly sliced smoked ham or even crispy bacon for a different flavor profile.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make a vegan version of this roasted peach salad by making a few substitutions. Replace the prosciutto with plant-based alternatives such as vegan bacon or marinated artichokes. Choose a dairy-free mozzarella alternative made from ingredients like cashews or soy. Additionally, omit the honey or use a vegan-friendly sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar.
Can I grill peaches instead of roasting them in the oven?
Yes, grilling peaches can be a fantastic alternative to roasting them in the oven. Preheat your grill to medium heat, lightly oil the peach wedges, and place them directly on the grill grates. Cook for a few minutes on each side until they develop grill marks and become tender. Grilling the peaches will add a lovely smoky flavor and slightly different texture to the salad, enhancing its summery appeal.
Did you make it?
I would love to hear about your experience in the comments below!
Your feedback is valuable and helps me to continue creating delicious recipes that you will love.
So, don’t be shy, leave a comment and let me know how it turned out for you!
Don’t forget to mention @goodfooddiscoveries or tag #goodfooddiscoveries on social media.
I’d love to see your remakes!