Crispy parmesan zucchini chips with garlic dip are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional chips and dip. So easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a snack to munch on while watching a movie or an appetizer to serve at your next party, these zucchini chips are sure to be a hit!
Why this recipe works
Zucchini chips are a great alternative to potato chips, providing a healthier and lower-carb option. They are packed with nutrients such as fiber, vitamin C, and potassium. The addition of parmesan cheese and herbs and spices add extra flavor and depth to the dish. The garlic dip complements the crispy zucchini chips and is a perfect dipping sauce. This recipe is simple, quick, and versatile, making it perfect for any occasion.
What are zucchini chips
Zucchini chips are thin slices of zucchini that are coated in olive oil and spices, then baked until crispy. They are topped with grated parmesan cheese and served with a delicious garlic dip made with mayo, double cream, garlic, and dill. This recipe is perfect for snacking, appetizer, or as a side dish.
Best ingredients for zucchini chips
- Zucchini / Courgette: Choose fresh and firm zucchini for the best results.
- Olive oil: Use high-quality extra-virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- Herbs and spices: Salt, ground black pepper, oregano, smoked paprika, and garlic powder are used to add extra flavor and depth.
- Parmesan cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese adds a delicious cheesy taste to the zucchini chips.
- Mayo and double cream: The dip is made with a combination of mayonnaise and double cream for a creamy and smooth texture.
- Garlic and dill: Fresh garlic and dill add a pungent and herby flavor to the dip.
How to make zucchini chips
Follow these few easy steps to perfect crispy chips every single time:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice zucchini into very thin rounds and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Coat zucchini rounds in an olive oil mixture.
- Place the zucchini rounds in a single layer on the baking tray and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the zucchini chips are crispy.
- In the meantime, prepare the dipping sauce.
- Once the zucchini chips are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with the garlic dip and enjoy!
Storing and freezing tips
These zucchini chips are best served fresh and crispy. However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes until crispy again. These zucchini chips are not suitable for freezing.
Top tips for the best crispy zucchini chips
- Use fresh zucchini: The key to getting the best flavor and texture out of your zucchini chips is to use fresh zucchini. Choose zucchini that is firm, with shiny skin and no blemishes.
- Slice the zucchini evenly: To ensure that your zucchini rounds cook evenly, it’s important to slice them into even rounds. You can use a sharp knife or a mandoline to slice them to a consistent thickness.
- Use parchment paper: Lining your baking tray with parchment paper makes it easier to remove the zucchini chips and prevents them from sticking to the tray.
- Don’t overcrowd the tray: Make sure to arrange the zucchini rounds in a single layer on the baking tray, with a little space between each round. This allows for even cooking and helps the chips crisp up nicely.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese: Freshly grated parmesan cheese will give you the best flavor and texture for your chips.
- Experiment with herbs and spices: The recipe calls for oregano, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, but you can experiment with other herbs and spices to customize the flavor of your zucchini chips. You can try adding chilli powder, cumin, or even a pinch of cinnamon for a unique twist.
- Don’t skip the garlic dip! It adds an extra layer of flavor and creaminess that complements the crispy zucchini.
Can I make these zucchini chips in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make these chips in an air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C), spray the basket with cooking spray, and cook the chips for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
Can I freeze zucchini chips?
Unfortunately, these chips don’t freeze well as they tend to become soft and soggy when thawed. It’s best to enjoy them fresh out of the oven.
Can I make the garlic dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the garlic dip ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you make it?
Mention @goodfooddiscoveries or tag #goodfooddiscoveries on Instagram!