Looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast recipe that doesn’t require much effort in the morning? Mango Coconut Overnight Oats recipe is a perfect combination of creamy coconut milk, juicy mango, and chewy rolled oats. What’s more, it’s an easy and convenient make-ahead meal that can be enjoyed straight from the fridge or taken on-the-go. Plus, it’s a great option for those looking for overnight oats without yogurt or protein powder.
Why this recipe works
This recipe is perfect for busy mornings when you don’t have time to prepare breakfast. All you need to do is mix the ingredients in a bowl or jar the night before and refrigerate it. The rolled oats absorb the liquid and soften overnight, resulting in a creamy and delicious breakfast the next day. The combination of ripe mango, shredded coconut, honey, and vanilla extract creates a sweet and tropical flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Plus, this recipe is perfect if you’re looking for an overnight oats without protein powder!
What are Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
Mango Coconut Overnight Oats is a healthy breakfast recipe that is made by combining rolled oats, coconut milk, diced mango, shredded coconut, honey, and vanilla extract in a bowl or jar. The mixture is then refrigerated overnight or for at least 4-6 hours, allowing the oats to absorb the liquid and soften. The next morning, you can enjoy a creamy and delicious breakfast that is perfect on-the-go.
Best ingredients for Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
- Rolled oats: Rolled oats are perfect for this recipe because they absorb the liquid and soften overnight, creating a creamy and delicious texture.
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk is a dairy-free alternative to milk that adds a rich and creamy texture to the oats. It also has a sweet and tropical flavor that complements the mango.
- Ripe mango: Ripe mango adds a sweet and tropical flavor to the oats. It’s also a great source of vitamin C and fiber.
- Shredded coconut: Shredded coconut adds a crunchy texture and a subtle coconut flavor to the oats.
- Honey: Honey adds a natural sweetness to the oats and complements the mango and coconut flavors.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds a subtle sweetness and a warm and comforting flavor to the oats.
How to make Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
Please note: That is just an overview – you can find the full recipe at the bottom of this page.
Making overnight oats is very easy and straightforward. Here are a few simple steps:
Step 1: In a bowl or jar, combine the rolled oats, coconut milk, diced mango, shredded coconut, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is well combined.
Step 2: Cover the bowl or jar with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least for 4-6 hours.
Step 3: In the morning, give the oats a good stir and add a splash of additional coconut milk if the mixture is too thick.
Step 4: Top with additional diced mango and shredded coconut before serving. Enjoy!
Storing and freezing tips
Mango Coconut Overnight Oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the oats in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To thaw, simply place the container in the refrigerator overnight and give it a good stir before serving.
Top tips for the best Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
- Use ripe mango: Ripe mango adds the best flavor to the oats. Make sure to choose a mango that is fragrant and slightly soft to the touch.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Use high-quality rolled oats, coconut milk, and shredded coconut for the best results.
- Customize the recipe: Feel free to customize the recipe to your liking. You can add nuts, seeds, or other fruits to the oats.
- Adjust the sweetness to your liking: If you prefer sweeter oats, you can add more honey to the mixture.
- Use a mason jar: Using a mason jar to store the oats makes it easy to transport and eat on-the-go.
Can I use steel-cut oats instead of rolled oats?
No, steel-cut oats will not soften as well as rolled oats, resulting in a tough and chewy texture.
Can I use frozen mango instead of fresh mango?
Yes, you can use frozen mango instead of fresh mango, but make sure to thaw it before using it in the recipe.
Can I add protein powder to the overnight oats?
Yes, you can add protein powder to the oats for an extra boost of protein.
Overnight oats vs oatmeal – what’s the difference?
Overnight oats are made by soaking rolled oats in liquid (such as milk or yogurt) overnight, whereas oatmeal is made by cooking rolled oats in boiling water or milk. The main difference is in the texture, with overnight oats being softer and creamier due to the longer soaking time.
How long do overnight oats last?
Overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. It’s important to keep them in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors from the fridge.
Are overnight oats healthy?
Yes, overnight oats are a healthy breakfast option. Oats are high in fiber and protein, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied until your next meal. Additionally, they are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, magnesium, and B vitamins. The addition of fruit, nuts, and other healthy toppings can also add more nutrients to your meal.
Did you make it?
I would love to hear about your experience in the comments below!
Your feedback is valuable and helps me to continue creating delicious recipes that you will love.
So, don’t be shy, leave a comment and let me know how it turned out for you!
Please mention @goodfooddiscoveries or tag #goodfooddiscoveries on social media.
I’d love to see your remakes!